Pakistani actress Meera to run for polls in homeland
Lahore: As the election fever grips Pakistan with politicians striking deals to grab large share of seats, actress Meera is planning to become Punjab Assembly member on one of the reserved seats for women.
The News quoted Meera`s mother Shafqat Zehra as saying that her daughter would take part in the upcoming elections on one of the reserved seats for women in the Provincial Assembly.
Zehra said her daughter wants to serve women in the country and she would work for their education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon