Pakistani actress Meera to run for polls in homeland
Lahore: As the election fever grips Pakistan with politicians striking deals to grab large share of seats, actress Meera is planning to become Punjab Assembly member on one of the reserved seats for women.
The News quoted Meera`s mother Shafqat Zehra as saying that her daughter would take part in the upcoming elections on one of the reserved seats for women in the Provincial Assembly.
Zehra said her daughter wants to serve women in the country and she would work for their education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details