Pakistani Ambassador to US Sherry Rehman quits
Washington: Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US, Sherry Rehman, has resigned from her post.
Congratulating the new parliament on its election, Ambassador Rehman has sent in her resignation to the Prime Minister, saying that it is time a new envoy come in as quickly as possible so that there is no gap in the relationship, an Embassy spokesman said.
A political appointee of the previous government and a close aide of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, Rehman came to Washington at the time when the US-Pak relationship was at its lowest ebb in post 9/11.
Rehman had succeeded in reviving the US-Pak relationship.
It was one of the rare occasions when both the Indian and Pakistan Ambassadors to the US were women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam