Pakistani boy jailed for stealing kite released
Islamabad: A 14-year-old boy detained by Pakistani police on charges of stealing a kite, was released after he spent a night in jail.
A Sessions Judge ordered the release of Arsalan, a standard eight student, held under the Kite Flying Act after he spent a night behind bars, the Geo News reported.
Arsalan, a resident of the industrial city of Gujranwala in Punjab province, was handcuffed and produced before a judicial magistrate on Saturday. The court sent him to jail.
The teenager said that he looted a kite and police caught him just as he was going to his house`s roof. "Please pardon me, I will never touch any kite, my annual paper is tomorrow," a tearful Arsalan said.
Punjab province minister for law Rana Sana intervened in the case and gave assurance for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what