Pakistani boy jailed for stealing kite released
Islamabad: A 14-year-old boy detained by Pakistani police on charges of stealing a kite, was released after he spent a night in jail.
A Sessions Judge ordered the release of Arsalan, a standard eight student, held under the Kite Flying Act after he spent a night behind bars, the Geo News reported.
Arsalan, a resident of the industrial city of Gujranwala in Punjab province, was handcuffed and produced before a judicial magistrate on Saturday. The court sent him to jail.
The teenager said that he looted a kite and police caught him just as he was going to his house`s roof. "Please pardon me, I will never touch any kite, my annual paper is tomorrow," a tearful Arsalan said.
Punjab province minister for law Rana Sana intervened in the case and gave assurance for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days