Pakistani boy jailed for stealing kite released
Islamabad: A 14-year-old boy detained by Pakistani police on charges of stealing a kite, was released after he spent a night in jail.
A Sessions Judge ordered the release of Arsalan, a standard eight student, held under the Kite Flying Act after he spent a night behind bars, the Geo News reported.
Arsalan, a resident of the industrial city of Gujranwala in Punjab province, was handcuffed and produced before a judicial magistrate on Saturday. The court sent him to jail.
The teenager said that he looted a kite and police caught him just as he was going to his house`s roof. "Please pardon me, I will never touch any kite, my annual paper is tomorrow," a tearful Arsalan said.
Punjab province minister for law Rana Sana intervened in the case and gave assurance for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly