Pakistani Cabinet approves anti-terror authority
Islamabad: The Pakistani Cabinet Wednesday approved a bill to set up a National Counter Terrorism Authority, Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira said.
The authority will be tasked with drawing up strategies to tackle the threat of terrorism, Xinhua reported.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, who chaired the meeting, condemned the terror attacks on Shias in the country that left nearly 50 people dead in the past 10 days.
The NCTA will coordinate and complement the work of other law enforcement agencies in dealing with terrorism, Kaira said at a press conference.
He said there was a need for more coordination among various law enforcement agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data