Pakistani commission to visit India in 26/11 case
Islamabad: A three-member Pakistani judicial commission will visit India Feb 3-6 to record statements of witnesses and Indian investigators probing the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, the interior ministry said on Friday.
The commission members are the head of the Special Investigation Group of the Federal Investigation Agency, Khalid Qureshi, and prosecutors Muhammad Azhar Chaudhry and Chaudhry Zulfiqar, Xinhua reported.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik has thanked Indian High Commissioner Sharat Sabarwal for allowing the delegation to visit India, the ministry said in a statement.
The attack on Nov 26-28, 2008, in Mumbai left 166 people dead, including foreigners. Pakistan has arrested several members of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant group, including its senior member Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, after India blamed it for the attack.
The announcement comes after the Bombay High Court gave its nod to the Pakistani commission to record the statements.
Pakistan has expressed a desire to record the statement of Magistrate R.V. Sawant Waghule who recorded the confession of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone Pakistani attacker captured alive. Pakistan insists the commission visit will help in prosecuting the masterminds of the attack back home.
The commission will also record the statements of two doctors who carried out post-mortem examinations of those killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read