Pakistani court reissues warrant for ex-PM Shaukat Aziz
Islamabad: A Pakistani court on Tuesday reissued arrest warrants for former premier Shaukat Aziz and ex-Governor Owais Ahmed Ghani over the killing of Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti in a 2006 military operation.
The anti-terrorism court in Quetta directed authorities to produce them at the next hearing of the case on November 26.
Former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao and former provincial Home Minister Shoaib Nowsherwani appeared in court during today`s hearing.
Former military strongman Pervez Musharraf, the main accused in the case, did not appear because of security threats to his life. Musharraf is being held at his home in Islamabad.
Aziz has been living outside Pakistan since early 2008.
On October 9, the Supreme Court granted Musharraf bail in the Bugti murder case after accepting his appeal against the rejection of a similar plea by the Balochistan High Court.
Akbar Bugti was killed on August 26, 2006 during a military crackdown ordered by Musharraf, who was then president and army chief.
Bugti had led an armed campaign to press for provincial autonomy and a greater share of profits from Balochistan’s natural resources. His death triggered angry protests across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"