Pakistani daily criticises Indian minister`s terror statement
Islamabad: Indian minister Mullappally Ramchandran`s statement on terrorists` training camps in Pakistan is an "uncalled-for outburst" that gives an inkling of the Indian government`s approach, a Pakistani daily said on Thursday.
An editorial in the Dawn said that an example of the negative signals that come from New Delhi from time to time is the provocative and debatable statement made in parliament Tuesday by India`s Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramchandran who identified 42 training camps for 2,500 militants in Pakistan and Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
The minister said that no less than 249 attempts had been made by militants so far this year to sneak into "Indian territory".
"Then there was the allegation that all this enjoyed support from Pakistan`s intelligence agencies," said the daily.
The editorial said that all observers of the South Asian scene admit there has been a reversal of Islamabad`s undoubtedly flawed, pre-9/11 policy with regard to militancy: Islamabad had to crack down on the networks because they had become a threat to Pakistan itself.
"...All that Mr Ramchandran`s uncalled-for outburst does is to give an inkling of the Indian government`s approach, which shies away not only from a Kashmir solution but from a resolution of less contentious issues such as Siachen and Sir Creek," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie