Pakistani daily criticises Indian minister`s terror statement
Islamabad: Indian minister Mullappally Ramchandran`s statement on terrorists` training camps in Pakistan is an "uncalled-for outburst" that gives an inkling of the Indian government`s approach, a Pakistani daily said on Thursday.
An editorial in the Dawn said that an example of the negative signals that come from New Delhi from time to time is the provocative and debatable statement made in parliament Tuesday by India`s Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramchandran who identified 42 training camps for 2,500 militants in Pakistan and Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
The minister said that no less than 249 attempts had been made by militants so far this year to sneak into "Indian territory".
"Then there was the allegation that all this enjoyed support from Pakistan`s intelligence agencies," said the daily.
The editorial said that all observers of the South Asian scene admit there has been a reversal of Islamabad`s undoubtedly flawed, pre-9/11 policy with regard to militancy: Islamabad had to crack down on the networks because they had become a threat to Pakistan itself.
"...All that Mr Ramchandran`s uncalled-for outburst does is to give an inkling of the Indian government`s approach, which shies away not only from a Kashmir solution but from a resolution of less contentious issues such as Siachen and Sir Creek," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared