Pakistani daily criticises Indian minister`s terror statement
Islamabad: Indian minister Mullappally Ramchandran`s statement on terrorists` training camps in Pakistan is an "uncalled-for outburst" that gives an inkling of the Indian government`s approach, a Pakistani daily said on Thursday.
An editorial in the Dawn said that an example of the negative signals that come from New Delhi from time to time is the provocative and debatable statement made in parliament Tuesday by India`s Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally Ramchandran who identified 42 training camps for 2,500 militants in Pakistan and Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
The minister said that no less than 249 attempts had been made by militants so far this year to sneak into "Indian territory".
"Then there was the allegation that all this enjoyed support from Pakistan`s intelligence agencies," said the daily.
The editorial said that all observers of the South Asian scene admit there has been a reversal of Islamabad`s undoubtedly flawed, pre-9/11 policy with regard to militancy: Islamabad had to crack down on the networks because they had become a threat to Pakistan itself.
"...All that Mr Ramchandran`s uncalled-for outburst does is to give an inkling of the Indian government`s approach, which shies away not only from a Kashmir solution but from a resolution of less contentious issues such as Siachen and Sir Creek," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what