Pakistani doctor missing after treating terrorist
Lahore: A doctor at a hospital in this eastern Pakistani city, who treated a terrorist involved in the recent attack on an Ahmedi mosque, has been missing for the past three days and police have registered a case of abduction in this regard.
According to the First Information Report, Ali Abdullah was "kidnapped" while on his way home on a motorcycle after performing his duty on Sunday night.
Abdullah had treated an injured terrorist named Moaz alias Amir Moavia, who was captured while attacking an Ahmedi mosque on May 28.
Ninety-five people were killed when terrorists targeted two Ahmedi mosques. Quoting Abdullah`s mother, police said the doctor had sent a text message from his cell phone to her, asking to prepare dinner for him.
"When he did not reach home, I called him on his cell phone which was switched off," said Abdullah`s father Sarfraz. He said he then contacted the staff of Jinnah Hospital and was told that Abdullah had left the hospital. Superintendent of Police Abdur Rab said the police were making efforts to trace Abdullah.
He said the family was not contacted by anybody despite the passage of three days.
Jinnah Hospital`s chief executive Javed Akram said Abdullah did his MBBS from Allama Iqbal Medical College six months ago and had been an activist of the Islami Jamiat Tuleba, the student wing of the Jamaat-e-Islami.
Akram said Abdullah had been working as a house surgeon.
However, he did not confirm reports that Abdullah might have been kidnapped by the accomplices of Moaz. The Young Doctors Association has threatened its members will stop work at all state-run hospitals across
Punjab in case Abdullah is not recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read