Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed
Islamabad: Continuing their offensive against militants in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Pakistani fighter jets pounded several extremist hideouts killing at least 12 Taliban in the Orakzai Agency.
Fighter jets showered missiles on militant hideouts in Mamozai, Khadezai, Molazai, Dabori and Alikhel areas of Upper Orakzai killing a dozen Taliban extremists and injuring over 10 others, The Daily Times reports.
In a separate incident, two security personnel were injured in a landmine blast in Mashti Meela area of Lower Orakzai.
Meanwhile, in Bajaur Agency, security forces nabbed five Taliban commanders with the help of a local tribal lashkar.
The extremists were arrested from Bindari area of Mamoond tehsil, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains grip on Mumbai, BJP dominates other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway