Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed
Islamabad: Continuing their offensive against militants in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Pakistani fighter jets pounded several extremist hideouts killing at least 12 Taliban in the Orakzai Agency.
Fighter jets showered missiles on militant hideouts in Mamozai, Khadezai, Molazai, Dabori and Alikhel areas of Upper Orakzai killing a dozen Taliban extremists and injuring over 10 others, The Daily Times reports.
In a separate incident, two security personnel were injured in a landmine blast in Mashti Meela area of Lower Orakzai.
Meanwhile, in Bajaur Agency, security forces nabbed five Taliban commanders with the help of a local tribal lashkar.
The extremists were arrested from Bindari area of Mamoond tehsil, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar