Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed
Islamabad: Continuing their offensive against militants in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Pakistani fighter jets pounded several extremist hideouts killing at least 12 Taliban in the Orakzai Agency.
Fighter jets showered missiles on militant hideouts in Mamozai, Khadezai, Molazai, Dabori and Alikhel areas of Upper Orakzai killing a dozen Taliban extremists and injuring over 10 others, The Daily Times reports.
In a separate incident, two security personnel were injured in a landmine blast in Mashti Meela area of Lower Orakzai.
Meanwhile, in Bajaur Agency, security forces nabbed five Taliban commanders with the help of a local tribal lashkar.
The extremists were arrested from Bindari area of Mamoond tehsil, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3