Pakistani gets death for policeman`s murder
Islamabad: An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan has sentenced a man to death for killing a policeman.
The court in Rawalpindi Saturday also imposed a fine of Rs.100,000 on Kashif Hussain for killing policeman Ashiq Hussain and injuring two other police officials during a raid at a hideout of suspected car thieves in May 2011, the Dawn reported Sunday.
The man was charged with murder and possession of illegal weapons. He was also wanted in a vehicle theft case in May 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living