Pakistani girl burnt alive for resisting rape
Lahore: A man allegedly burnt a teenage girl to death after failing to rape her in Pakistan`s Punjab province, police officials said on Wednesday.
According to the FIR registered by police, the girl from Rahim Yar Khan district, 400 km from Lahore, had gone to the home of her friend on July 19 to learn how to stitch clothes. Muhammad Imtiaz, the brother of her friend, tried to rape her.
When the girl put up a resistance, Imtiaz allegedly doused her with petrol, set her on fire and fled.
The girl was taken to Shaikh Zayed Hospital, where doctors declared her condition critical as she had 80 per cent burns. The girl succumbed to her injuries yesterday, police said.
The victim`s father said that though police had registered a case against the accused, he was being pressured by local politicians to reconcile with Imtiaz.
The accused is still at large, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port