Pakistani journalist shot dead
Islamabad: Unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen Friday shot dead a journalist in Pakistan`s southwestern Balochistan province, a media report said.
Mehmood Jan Afridi, who worked for the Urdu-language Intekhab daily, was killed in Qalat district, Xinhua quoted Deputy Commissioner of Qalat, Bashir Ahmed Bazai, as saying.
He said the gunmen opened fire at Afridi at a bus station and sped away.
"This seems to be an act of target killing," Bazai said.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
Afridi, who worked for the daily for 20 years, was the second journalist killed in Pakistan in three days.
Malik Mumtaz was shot dead in the northwest restive tribal region of North Waziristan Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!