Pakistani journalist shot dead
Islamabad: Unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen Friday shot dead a journalist in Pakistan`s southwestern Balochistan province, a media report said.
Mehmood Jan Afridi, who worked for the Urdu-language Intekhab daily, was killed in Qalat district, Xinhua quoted Deputy Commissioner of Qalat, Bashir Ahmed Bazai, as saying.
He said the gunmen opened fire at Afridi at a bus station and sped away.
"This seems to be an act of target killing," Bazai said.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
Afridi, who worked for the daily for 20 years, was the second journalist killed in Pakistan in three days.
Malik Mumtaz was shot dead in the northwest restive tribal region of North Waziristan Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?