Pakistani journalist shot dead
Islamabad: Unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen Friday shot dead a journalist in Pakistan`s southwestern Balochistan province, a media report said.
Mehmood Jan Afridi, who worked for the Urdu-language Intekhab daily, was killed in Qalat district, Xinhua quoted Deputy Commissioner of Qalat, Bashir Ahmed Bazai, as saying.
He said the gunmen opened fire at Afridi at a bus station and sped away.
"This seems to be an act of target killing," Bazai said.
No one claimed responsibility for the attack.
Afridi, who worked for the daily for 20 years, was the second journalist killed in Pakistan in three days.
Malik Mumtaz was shot dead in the northwest restive tribal region of North Waziristan Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living