Pakistani panel to probe airbase attack
Islamabad: The Pakistan Air Force has formed a five-member committee to probe the terror attack at Kamra airbase, a media report said Friday.
Pakistan Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt, formed the five-member committee to look into the terror strike under the chairmanship of Air Marshal Ather Hussain Bukhari, reported Geo News.
A Pakistan Air Force spokesperson said the other four members of the committee are experts in various fields.
Nine militants and a soldier were killed in the brazen attack at Kamra airbase in Punjab province Thursday morning. An intense gunfight broke out between the militants and security personnel in Attock, a district that is considered to be one of the areas where Pakistan stores its nuclear arsenal. The attack took place a year after a terror strike at the Karachi airbase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview