Pakistani panel to probe airbase attack
Islamabad: The Pakistan Air Force has formed a five-member committee to probe the terror attack at Kamra airbase, a media report said Friday.
Pakistan Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt, formed the five-member committee to look into the terror strike under the chairmanship of Air Marshal Ather Hussain Bukhari, reported Geo News.
A Pakistan Air Force spokesperson said the other four members of the committee are experts in various fields.
Nine militants and a soldier were killed in the brazen attack at Kamra airbase in Punjab province Thursday morning. An intense gunfight broke out between the militants and security personnel in Attock, a district that is considered to be one of the areas where Pakistan stores its nuclear arsenal. The attack took place a year after a terror strike at the Karachi airbase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition