Pakistani PM heads for Asia-Europe summit
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will attend a two-day Asia-Europe summit in Laos, his office said Saturday.
Themed "Friends for Peace, Partners for Prosperity", the Nov 4-5 summit in Vientiane will be attended by many other heads of state and government, Xinhua reported.
The Pakistani leader will also hold bilateral talks with several leaders, including Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
The Asia-Europe summit was launched in 1996, and it currently has 48 member-countries.
The summit deliberates on issues of common interest, including food, energy security, sustainable development, economy and climate change
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery