Pakistani PM heads for Asia-Europe summit
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will attend a two-day Asia-Europe summit in Laos, his office said Saturday.
Themed "Friends for Peace, Partners for Prosperity", the Nov 4-5 summit in Vientiane will be attended by many other heads of state and government, Xinhua reported.
The Pakistani leader will also hold bilateral talks with several leaders, including Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
The Asia-Europe summit was launched in 1996, and it currently has 48 member-countries.
The summit deliberates on issues of common interest, including food, energy security, sustainable development, economy and climate change
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city