Pakistani PM heads for Asia-Europe summit
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will attend a two-day Asia-Europe summit in Laos, his office said Saturday.
Themed "Friends for Peace, Partners for Prosperity", the Nov 4-5 summit in Vientiane will be attended by many other heads of state and government, Xinhua reported.
The Pakistani leader will also hold bilateral talks with several leaders, including Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
The Asia-Europe summit was launched in 1996, and it currently has 48 member-countries.
The summit deliberates on issues of common interest, including food, energy security, sustainable development, economy and climate change
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note