Pakistani PM heads for Asia-Europe summit
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf will attend a two-day Asia-Europe summit in Laos, his office said Saturday.
Themed "Friends for Peace, Partners for Prosperity", the Nov 4-5 summit in Vientiane will be attended by many other heads of state and government, Xinhua reported.
The Pakistani leader will also hold bilateral talks with several leaders, including Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
The Asia-Europe summit was launched in 1996, and it currently has 48 member-countries.
The summit deliberates on issues of common interest, including food, energy security, sustainable development, economy and climate change
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical