Pakistani scholarships for 600 Afghan students
Islamabad: Pakistan is offering 600 scholarships for Afghan students to enable them to study different disciplines at prominent institutions.
Pakistan has been offering fully funded scholarships since 2009, the Daily Times reported.
Under the scholarship, all expenses of the students, including tuition fee, boarding and lodging, and travelling to and from Afghanistan, will be borne by Islamabad.
About 1,500 Afghan students are already benefiting from this scheme.
The Pakistan government offers scholarships to Afghan students in the fields of medicine, engineering, IT, business administration, agriculture, economics, natural sciences and teaching.
Over 30,000 Afghans have graduated from Pakistani institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands