Pakistani security agencies present action plans to PM
Islamabad: Pakistan`s security agencies presented options to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for responding to Taliban terror attacks across the country, media reported Wednesday.
Sharif`s meeting with his national security team Tuesday came after the assessment of possibly of the worst wave of terrorist attacks in the country this year, the Dawn reported.
Taliban militants attacked the Karachi airport Sunday night, in which at least 30 people were killed. They also attacked Airport Security Force (ASF) Academy`s camp Tuesday. However, there was no casualties reported in Tuesday`s attack.
Besides these two attacks, militants who have sanctuaries in Afghanistan carried out deadly strikes on border posts in Bajaur. Sectarian militants affiliated with Taliban have, meanwhile, targeted pilgrims in Taftan.
Those who attended the meeting included Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, Chief of General Staff Lt. Gen. Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmad and head of counter-intelligence at Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Maj. Gen. Nasir Dilawar Shah.
The report quoting a source claimed that the military had ramped up pressure for a sterner response to the attacks by Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside