Pakistani security agencies present action plans to PM
Islamabad: Pakistan`s security agencies presented options to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for responding to Taliban terror attacks across the country, media reported Wednesday.
Sharif`s meeting with his national security team Tuesday came after the assessment of possibly of the worst wave of terrorist attacks in the country this year, the Dawn reported.
Taliban militants attacked the Karachi airport Sunday night, in which at least 30 people were killed. They also attacked Airport Security Force (ASF) Academy`s camp Tuesday. However, there was no casualties reported in Tuesday`s attack.
Besides these two attacks, militants who have sanctuaries in Afghanistan carried out deadly strikes on border posts in Bajaur. Sectarian militants affiliated with Taliban have, meanwhile, targeted pilgrims in Taftan.
Those who attended the meeting included Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, Chief of General Staff Lt. Gen. Ishfaq Nadeem Ahmad and head of counter-intelligence at Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Maj. Gen. Nasir Dilawar Shah.
The report quoting a source claimed that the military had ramped up pressure for a sterner response to the attacks by Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM