Pakistani senator accuses India of destabilising his country
New Delhi: In Pakistan, "there is a viewpoint not only in the establishment and the government but also in media circles and among the public that Indian elements in Afghanistan are promoting and supporting terrorism to destabilise our country", Pakistani Senator Mushahid Hussain said here Tuesday.
Echoing a charge made by Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik the previous day, Hussain said: "India is following the Chanakya principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Malik had said India was supporting the Taliban -- a charge promptly and stoutly denied by India.
Hussain -- who is chairman of the Pakistani senate`s Foreign Relation Committee -- was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a seminar titled Terrorism - National and International. The seminar is being organised by the Jama Masjid United Forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more