Pakistani senator accuses India of destabilising his country
New Delhi: In Pakistan, "there is a viewpoint not only in the establishment and the government but also in media circles and among the public that Indian elements in Afghanistan are promoting and supporting terrorism to destabilise our country", Pakistani Senator Mushahid Hussain said here Tuesday.
Echoing a charge made by Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik the previous day, Hussain said: "India is following the Chanakya principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Malik had said India was supporting the Taliban -- a charge promptly and stoutly denied by India.
Hussain -- who is chairman of the Pakistani senate`s Foreign Relation Committee -- was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a seminar titled Terrorism - National and International. The seminar is being organised by the Jama Masjid United Forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket