Pakistani senator accuses India of destabilising his country
New Delhi: In Pakistan, "there is a viewpoint not only in the establishment and the government but also in media circles and among the public that Indian elements in Afghanistan are promoting and supporting terrorism to destabilise our country", Pakistani Senator Mushahid Hussain said here Tuesday.
Echoing a charge made by Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik the previous day, Hussain said: "India is following the Chanakya principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Malik had said India was supporting the Taliban -- a charge promptly and stoutly denied by India.
Hussain -- who is chairman of the Pakistani senate`s Foreign Relation Committee -- was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a seminar titled Terrorism - National and International. The seminar is being organised by the Jama Masjid United Forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'