Pakistani suicide bombers die as vests explode
Islamabad: Two major terror attacks were Sunday averted near Pakistan`s Peshawar city when four militants -- three suicide bombers and one handler -- were killed when their explosives-laden vests exploded prematurely, a media report said.
The first incident took place in Dir colony area of Peshawar when a motorcycle-riding suicide bomber was being equipped with a vest by his handler, the Dawn reported.
Security officials said the explosives detonated while the handler was camouflaging the suicide vest with another jacket. Both the handler and the suicide bomber were killed.
The incident took place near a security check-post, which was probably the target of the attackers, the report said.
In the second incident, two suicide-bombers were killed in Garang area of Mohmand before they could reach their destination, officials said.
In another incident, bomb disposal squad personnel defused explosives planted on a motorcycle in Tarnab Farm area on the outskirts of Peshawar.
Bomb expert Zahid Khan told Dawn the motorcycle was fitted with a remote-controlled detonator as well as a mobile phone detonator.
The ignition system of the motorcycle was also connected to the bomb, which had six to seven kg of explosive material and was filled with pellets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!