Pakistani suicide bombers die as vests explode
Islamabad: Two major terror attacks were Sunday averted near Pakistan`s Peshawar city when four militants -- three suicide bombers and one handler -- were killed when their explosives-laden vests exploded prematurely, a media report said.
The first incident took place in Dir colony area of Peshawar when a motorcycle-riding suicide bomber was being equipped with a vest by his handler, the Dawn reported.
Security officials said the explosives detonated while the handler was camouflaging the suicide vest with another jacket. Both the handler and the suicide bomber were killed.
The incident took place near a security check-post, which was probably the target of the attackers, the report said.
In the second incident, two suicide-bombers were killed in Garang area of Mohmand before they could reach their destination, officials said.
In another incident, bomb disposal squad personnel defused explosives planted on a motorcycle in Tarnab Farm area on the outskirts of Peshawar.
Bomb expert Zahid Khan told Dawn the motorcycle was fitted with a remote-controlled detonator as well as a mobile phone detonator.
The ignition system of the motorcycle was also connected to the bomb, which had six to seven kg of explosive material and was filled with pellets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok