Pakistani suicide bombers die as vests explode
Islamabad: Two major terror attacks were Sunday averted near Pakistan`s Peshawar city when four militants -- three suicide bombers and one handler -- were killed when their explosives-laden vests exploded prematurely, a media report said.
The first incident took place in Dir colony area of Peshawar when a motorcycle-riding suicide bomber was being equipped with a vest by his handler, the Dawn reported.
Security officials said the explosives detonated while the handler was camouflaging the suicide vest with another jacket. Both the handler and the suicide bomber were killed.
The incident took place near a security check-post, which was probably the target of the attackers, the report said.
In the second incident, two suicide-bombers were killed in Garang area of Mohmand before they could reach their destination, officials said.
In another incident, bomb disposal squad personnel defused explosives planted on a motorcycle in Tarnab Farm area on the outskirts of Peshawar.
Bomb expert Zahid Khan told Dawn the motorcycle was fitted with a remote-controlled detonator as well as a mobile phone detonator.
The ignition system of the motorcycle was also connected to the bomb, which had six to seven kg of explosive material and was filled with pellets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read