Pakistani Taliban hint at continuing peace talks
Islamabad: Maulana Samiul Haq, chief of the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan`s (TTP) three-member peace talks committee, Wednesday contacted the TTP `shura` (assembly) to convey some requests on behalf of the committee.
Samiul met with the TTP shura Wednesday and conveyed some of the committee`s requests, the Dawn reported citing a source.
Maulana Yousuf Shah, another member of the committee, told the newspaper that the Taliban have hinted at continuing with the peace negotiations and further expressed the hope that they would respond positively to the requests.
He also said that the public would be apprised of the TTP’s decision.
Shah added that it was imperative that the government and the TTP entered into a ceasefire to make the peace talks successful.
The TTP earlier rejected the Nawaz Sharif government’s call for an unconditional ceasefire.
“It is the government which has waged a war against us and it is for the government to end it now. Let the government hold fire and we shall follow suit,” Dawn quoted TTP spokesman Shahidullah Shahid as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement