Pakistani textbook says 9/11 happened last year!
Islamabad: Shocking Pakistan`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa lawmakers with its factual errors, a Pashto textbook for Class 5 students says the 9/11 terror attack happened in 2011 and the General Elections will be held in the country in February 2008.
Lawmakers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly were left stunned when an opposition member pointed out errors in the book, reported Dawn.
"At times incidents occur, which hugely affect human history and re-write a new one. Like `September 11, 2011` incident in America is before us. The incident occurs in America but the whole world got affected," said the social study book recently introduced by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Textbook Board Peshawar.
9/11 refers to the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Centre complex in New York and the Pentagon, killing nearly 3,000 people.
Mufti Said Janan, who highlighted the matter, wondered as to how the people could expect any good from the government when it was distorting facts and history.
The lawmaker read several paragraphs from the book. Thousands of copies have been published in Pashto and distributed among students free of cost.
A paragraph said General Elections will be held in the country in February 2008.
The General Elections are scheduled to be held in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?