Pakistanis bury militants killed by US
Lakki Marwat: More than 2,000 mourners including armed men have buried two militants killed alongside a top commander of the militant Haqqani network in an American missile strike.
They were buried on Friday in Lakki Marwat, a town just outside the tribal region of North Waziristan, where mourners say they were killed Thursday by the US missile.
Locals identified the two as Maulana Iftikhar and Noor Ali Shah and said both were involved in "jihad”.
One of the funerals was attended by armed men who were speaking Arabic.
US officials say the strike also killed Janbaz Zadran, a top commander in the militant Haqqani network blamed for attacks inside Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority