Pakistanis bury militants killed by US
Lakki Marwat: More than 2,000 mourners including armed men have buried two militants killed alongside a top commander of the militant Haqqani network in an American missile strike.
They were buried on Friday in Lakki Marwat, a town just outside the tribal region of North Waziristan, where mourners say they were killed Thursday by the US missile.
Locals identified the two as Maulana Iftikhar and Noor Ali Shah and said both were involved in "jihad”.
One of the funerals was attended by armed men who were speaking Arabic.
US officials say the strike also killed Janbaz Zadran, a top commander in the militant Haqqani network blamed for attacks inside Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj