Pakistanis defeated `misguided minority` in polls, says Kayani
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said that the people of Pakistan have defied and defeated unfounded dictates of an insignificant and misguided minority in the general elections.
The Daily Times quoted Kayani, as saying that in the recently conducted general elections, the nation has amply demonstrated that it can withstand any challenge.
Kayani said that as a nation, their commitment to moderation, prosperity and rule of law is total and unwavering. He said Pakistan has the resolve and a firm belief to overcome the challenges towards attainment of these goals. Kayani said one of these challenges was the threat of terrorism.
Pakistan, he said, had a rich experience of dealing and succeeding against the faceless enemy, who employed highly innovative means of destruction. Pakistan had to respond to this enemy equally innovatively while always staying a step ahead, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie