Pakistanis defeated `misguided minority` in polls, says Kayani
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has said that the people of Pakistan have defied and defeated unfounded dictates of an insignificant and misguided minority in the general elections.
The Daily Times quoted Kayani, as saying that in the recently conducted general elections, the nation has amply demonstrated that it can withstand any challenge.
Kayani said that as a nation, their commitment to moderation, prosperity and rule of law is total and unwavering. He said Pakistan has the resolve and a firm belief to overcome the challenges towards attainment of these goals. Kayani said one of these challenges was the threat of terrorism.
Pakistan, he said, had a rich experience of dealing and succeeding against the faceless enemy, who employed highly innovative means of destruction. Pakistan had to respond to this enemy equally innovatively while always staying a step ahead, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet