Pakistanis `go green` in build-up to their I-Day
Islamabad: Pakistanis are changing their
display pictures on Twitter, Facebook and other social
networking websites to show their patriotism ahead of the
country`s Independence Day on August 14.
The "Sab Green Kar Do" campaign launched by a young
Lahore resident, Farhan Masood, has become a rage in the
virtual world as the country gear up to celebrate its 62nd
Independence Day. Pakistanis are "going green" to showcase
their love for their country.
Over a week ago, Masood started urging his friends on
Twitter and Facebook to turn their avatars "green", the
national colour of Pakistan, in the build-up to August 14. He
even offered to make "go-green" avatars with the Pakistan
"I had noticed a similar display of national pride
happening during the run-up to the T20 Final game. The idea is
to turn the avatar panels green as we approach August 14.
Hence, Sab Green Kar Do!" wrote Adil Najam, editor-founder of
a Pakistani e-zine.
"We tend to use a lot of `green` anyhow. Invariably, we
end up using green even more than usual in August. As someone
who works on environmental issues, my allegiance to green is
even broader than just that!" he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks