Pakistanis have been victims of terrorism: US
Washington: Innocent Pakistanis have been victims of terrorism, the United States said on Thursday, adding that the menace poses a greater threat to the country as a whole.
"It is no secret that innocent Pakistanis have been victims of terrorism in the thousands and thousands," State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily news conference.
"This is one of the reasons that we work so hard with the government of Pakistan to strength, deepen and improve the counterterrorism relationship that we have," she said.
"It`s not just about the region as a whole. It`s also about the threat of terrorism to Pakistanis," Nuland said responding to questions on the ongoing sectarian conflict in the country.
Meanwhile, the United States also said that there is no move to remove old foe Cuba from the list of state sponsor of terrorism.
"Let me say firmly here it is incorrect. This department has no current plans to remove Cuba from the state sponsor of terrorism list," Nuland said when asked about news reports that Secretary of State John Kerry is in discussions on possibly removing Cuba from the list.
"We review this every year, and at the current moment -- when the last review was done in 2012, we didn`t see cause to remove them. We`ll obviously look at it again this year, but as I said, we don`t have any plans at the moment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you