Pakistanis released by Somali pirates return
Islamabad: Laila Wasi, the daughter of MV Seuz`s captain, burst into tears Thursday as she met her father for the first time since he and 21 other crew members of the vessel were captured by Somali pirates last year.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the Karachi port as the relatives of the sailors met their dear ones for the first time in months after they were freed by pirates last week.
The naval ship PNS Zulfiqar carrying the crew of MV Suez reached the Karachi port Thursday evening.
Laila had to wait 10 months for her father Captain Wasi to return home. She told reporters that the promise made by Sindh governor Ishrat-ul-Ibad to bring her father back home was fulfilled, The News reported.
Captain Wasi was among the 22 crew members who were kidnapped by Somali pirates and held hostage for 10 months. They were released June 13 after a ransom was paid.
Its crew included six Indians, 11 Egyptians, four Pakistanis and one Sri Lankan.
Besides the Sindh governor, other senior officials were present at the port to welcome them.
Captain Wasi thanked the governor and the media for their support. He also thanked the naval ships PNS Zulfiqar and PNS Babur for bringing them back home.
A ceremony has been organized later Thursday night at the Sindh Governor House to welcome their return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it