Pakistanis released by Somali pirates return
Islamabad: Laila Wasi, the daughter of MV Seuz`s captain, burst into tears Thursday as she met her father for the first time since he and 21 other crew members of the vessel were captured by Somali pirates last year.
Emotional scenes were witnessed at the Karachi port as the relatives of the sailors met their dear ones for the first time in months after they were freed by pirates last week.
The naval ship PNS Zulfiqar carrying the crew of MV Suez reached the Karachi port Thursday evening.
Laila had to wait 10 months for her father Captain Wasi to return home. She told reporters that the promise made by Sindh governor Ishrat-ul-Ibad to bring her father back home was fulfilled, The News reported.
Captain Wasi was among the 22 crew members who were kidnapped by Somali pirates and held hostage for 10 months. They were released June 13 after a ransom was paid.
Its crew included six Indians, 11 Egyptians, four Pakistanis and one Sri Lankan.
Besides the Sindh governor, other senior officials were present at the port to welcome them.
Captain Wasi thanked the governor and the media for their support. He also thanked the naval ships PNS Zulfiqar and PNS Babur for bringing them back home.
A ceremony has been organized later Thursday night at the Sindh Governor House to welcome their return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary