Pakistanis stuck in limbo in Afghan prison: Report
Islamabad: A Pakistani legal aid group says dozens of Pakistani prisoners held by the US at an Afghan prison are at risk of falling into indefinite detention because negotiations have stalled between the US and Pakistan over their return to Pakistan.
Justice Project Pakistan represents Pakistani prisoners held in Afghanistan and their families.
The group says there are about 40 detainees believed to be of Pakistani descent at the Parwan Detention Facility, often referred to as Bagram prison.
Most were taken into custody by US forces following the US invasion of Afghanistan.
The report issued by the group today says negotiations between the US and Pakistan stalled over concerns they might return to the battlefield or face inhumane treatment at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested