Pakistanis stuck in limbo in Afghan prison: Report
Islamabad: A Pakistani legal aid group says dozens of Pakistani prisoners held by the US at an Afghan prison are at risk of falling into indefinite detention because negotiations have stalled between the US and Pakistan over their return to Pakistan.
Justice Project Pakistan represents Pakistani prisoners held in Afghanistan and their families.
The group says there are about 40 detainees believed to be of Pakistani descent at the Parwan Detention Facility, often referred to as Bagram prison.
Most were taken into custody by US forces following the US invasion of Afghanistan.
The report issued by the group today says negotiations between the US and Pakistan stalled over concerns they might return to the battlefield or face inhumane treatment at home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside