Pakistanis to learn Brazilian martial art
Islamabad:The Brazilian embassy in Islamabad is organising free of charge classes for Capoeira, a native Brazilian art form that combines music, wrestling, dance, rhythm, song and movement into a martial art.
The News International said the art form was practiced across Brazil and was recently spreading all over the world.
The art form "emphasises the struggle for freedom" and the need for community in taking an inclusive approach to building healthier, stronger ties between its practitioners and with the wider society at large.
The instructor, Ammar Latif, has been practicing capoeira for over 10 years.
He started training in the art in Ireland and has continued his training in Pakistan, Sweden and Norway. Since 2009, he has been working on establishing Pakistan`s first official capoeira group.
Classes at the embassy will also be held for children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly