Pakistan`s Army officer killed in IED blast
Islamabad: A senior officer of the Pakistan Army was killed during an ongoing operation against militants in the restive Khyber tribal region on Wednesday, the military said.
Lt Col Sajid Mushtaq was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in Gulbai village of Khyber Agency at noon today, a military statement said.
Militants planted the IED in residential area and it exploded while troops were clearing the village, the statement said.
The Army has suffered heavy casualties in the operation against the Taliban and other militant groups in Khyber Agency.
Dozens of militants have also been killed in the fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what