Pakistan`s Army officer killed in IED blast
Islamabad: A senior officer of the Pakistan Army was killed during an ongoing operation against militants in the restive Khyber tribal region on Wednesday, the military said.
Lt Col Sajid Mushtaq was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in Gulbai village of Khyber Agency at noon today, a military statement said.
Militants planted the IED in residential area and it exploded while troops were clearing the village, the statement said.
The Army has suffered heavy casualties in the operation against the Taliban and other militant groups in Khyber Agency.
Dozens of militants have also been killed in the fighting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!