Pakistan`s Attorney General resigns
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Attorney General Munir Malik, the government`s top law officer, resigned today for personal reasons.
The resignation of Munir, who played a key role in the movement to restore judges deposed by former military ruler Pervez Musharraf, was expected as media reports had said he was likely to quit because his mother is unwell.
He sent his resignation to President Mamnoon Hussain, saying he could not continue performing the duties of Attorney General because of personal reasons.
In an unrelated development, National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) chairman Tariq Malik sent his resignation to the government, citing the larger interest of the organisation.
Malik, in his letter sent to the Prime Minister, said he was leaving NADRA as a profitable organisation.
In December, the government had sacked Malik from his post. He approached the Islamabad High Court, which suspended the notification on his sacking on December 3.
The case is still pending in court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India