Pakistan`s ex-PM Gilani leaves presidency
Islamabad: Former Pakistani prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, who has been living in the presidency since his ouster in July, has gone back to his hometown Multan, a media report said.
Gilani has informed President Asif Ali Zardari about his decision to return home and also expressed his displeasure over removal of some top bureaucrats he had appointed, Dawn reported.
A presidential suite of four bedrooms on the sixth floor had been given to Gilani, who remained loyal to the Pakistan People`s Party and refused to heed Supreme Court`s advice about writing to the Swiss authorities for reopening graft cases against Zardari.
"I have conveyed to the president that many federal secretaries and heads of organisations I had appointed have been removed by incumbent Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf," the daily Friday quoted Gilani as saying.
Zardrai`s spokesman Farhatullah Babar said he was not aware of Gilani`s decision to leave the presidency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi