Lahore: A Pakistani court on Tuesday gave a "last opportunity" to the government to come up with a reply on JuD chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed and his deputy Hafiz Abdur Rehman Makki's plea challenging fixing of bounty on their heads by the US.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) today heard the arguments of a law officer and counsel of the JuD men.
LHC Justice Masood Abid Naqvi noted that the court was giving a "last opportunity" to the government to file a reply on the next hearing.
The judge adjourned the hearing till?February 26.
The law officer informed the court that the foreign ministry had sought details on the matter from the State Department but it had yet to respond.
Advocate A K Dogar, counsel for Saeed and Makki, argued that his clients had been running a charitable organisation and had no nexus with any banned outfit.
He said the US Under Secretary of State Wendy Sherman announced head-money of USD 10 million and USD 3 million on Hafiz Saeed and Makki respectively while she was in India.
"The US acted against his clients on the instigation of India".
Dogar said Saeed was head of JuD which he called a charitable organisation having no links to Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) responsible for the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
Saeed had been detained by the Pakistani government in 2009 on charges of having links with Al-Qaeda but a full bench of LHC had set aside the detention after it failed to provide any evidence against him.
"Both the Supreme Court and the LHC had already absolved Saeed of all charges leveled against him by India and the US, regarding his alleged involvement in terror activities, especially the Mumbai attacks," he said.