Pakistan`s Imran Khan discharged from hospital after fall
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, recovering speedily after fracturing his spine in a freak accident at an election campaign meeting, was today discharged from a hospital here.
"We are pleased to announce that this morning, Imran Khan was discharged home from Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre," the hospital said in a statement here.
Yesterday, the cricketer-turned-politician was fitted with a specially designed brace or spinal support and he walked unaided for over 300 metres, said doctors. Khan would have to wear the brace for four to six weeks, they said.
Imran today walked from his room on the third floor of the Hospital to the exit on the ground floor, unaided, the statement said. "As previously explained, Imran will continue to receive regular physiotherapy."
The 60-year-old was ordered by doctors to remain immobile after he fractured several vertebrae and a rib when he fall from a fork lift on May 7 that was raising him to a stage at an election rally days before the May 11 polls.
The general election was won by the PML-N led by former premier Nawaz Sharif while Khan`s party finished in third place in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament.
His Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf is set to form government in the militancy-hit Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
While leaving the hospital, Imran thanked all his friends, well-wishers and the millions of individuals all over the world who had offered their sympathy, prayers and support throughout his illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30