Pakistan`s Imran Khan discharged from hospital after fall
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, recovering speedily after fracturing his spine in a freak accident at an election campaign meeting, was today discharged from a hospital here.
"We are pleased to announce that this morning, Imran Khan was discharged home from Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre," the hospital said in a statement here.
Yesterday, the cricketer-turned-politician was fitted with a specially designed brace or spinal support and he walked unaided for over 300 metres, said doctors. Khan would have to wear the brace for four to six weeks, they said.
Imran today walked from his room on the third floor of the Hospital to the exit on the ground floor, unaided, the statement said. "As previously explained, Imran will continue to receive regular physiotherapy."
The 60-year-old was ordered by doctors to remain immobile after he fractured several vertebrae and a rib when he fall from a fork lift on May 7 that was raising him to a stage at an election rally days before the May 11 polls.
The general election was won by the PML-N led by former premier Nawaz Sharif while Khan`s party finished in third place in the National Assembly or lower house of parliament.
His Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf is set to form government in the militancy-hit Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
While leaving the hospital, Imran thanked all his friends, well-wishers and the millions of individuals all over the world who had offered their sympathy, prayers and support throughout his illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?