Pakistan`s most wanted criminal killed in police encounter
Karachi: One of Pakistan`s most dreaded criminals, wanted in over 100 cases of murder, rape, drug trafficking and kidnapping, has been killed in an encounter, a top police official has said.
Abdul Rehman Dakait and his three accomplices were killed in an encounter with police in Bin Qasim town on the outskirts of Karachi late last night, city police chief Waseem Ahmed said.
"He was killed after he fired on a police party who returned the fire," Ahmed said.
Dakait, who carried a reward of eight million Pakistani rupees on his head, was also responsible for abduction and killing of Chinese engineers in the Baluchistan province, he said.
Dakait was a central figure in the infamous gang-war in Karachi`s densely populated Lyari area, where such was his stronghold that many areas were considered prohibited even for the law enforcement agencies.
He had twice escaped from police custody and became a folklore in crime. Last month he was accused of abduction and killing of a CID inspector.
"It is a big victory for the police force as this man had become a nuisance for everyone and was a threat to society," Ahmed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world