Pakistan`s opposition parties call for ending Sharif rule
Lahore: Pakistan`s opposition parties, led by Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tahreek-i-Insaf and Tahirul Qadri`s Pakistan Awami Tehreek on Sunday claimed that the Nawaz Sharif government would be ousted at the end of this month.
"We will end the `Sharif family`s monarchy in the country through our Azadi March on August 14. We will not leave Islamabad till the creation of New Pakistan," cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, Chairman, Pakistan Tahreek-i-Insaf said while addressing party workers in Lahore.
"If the police tortured my party workers or detained me then the Sharifs brothers will have no place even in the Punjab province," he added.
Khan stated that there was no real democracy in Pakistan but a monarchy led by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
"In?a democracy, the head of the state is accountable to the people. There is merit in the democratic system and the taxpayers? money is not used by the rulers.
"Can the nation take Sharif brothers accountable? What kind of democracy is this," he asked.
The party chief also challenged "to bring forward any individual I have appointed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government from my family."
Pakistan Awami Tehreek chief Tahirul Qadri, on the other hand, said that "the party will put an end to the Nawaz-government by August and they will be held accountable for the killing of innocent people."
Referring to the violent clashes that broke out in Lahore`s Model Town in June this year, Qadri noted that the party will "hold a rally on August 10 to remember the 14 party supporters who were killed by police in the incident on the order of Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif."
He added that dates of a `Revolution March` will be announced after the rally.
Labelling the Nawaz-led government as fake, Imran Khan called for re-elections in the country.
"The time for this fake government is over, we will not rest until re-elections take place," Khan declared.
The popular face of Pakistan also attacked the ruling PML-N government for the slew of corruption charges faced by the Sharif family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams