Pakistan`s polio immunisation campaign to begin today
Islamabad: Over 7.6 million children in Pakistani province of Sindh will be targeted by over 21,000 polio vaccination teams as part of a nationwide three-day immunisation campaign.
As many as 33.5 million children under the age of five years across the country will be immunised in the campaign.
Officials said all sorts of arrangements had been made to make the three-day anti- polio campaign a success, the Dawn reports.
Dr Mazhar Khamisani, the director of the expanded programme on immunisation, Sindh said precautionary safety measures had been planned to peacefully complete the drive in some troubled localities of Karachi.
A three-day campaign for Gadap was already conducted during April 11-13 for its 218,000 children, but teams will again go in these localities to ensure that no child was missed out, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN