Pakistan`s polio immunisation campaign to begin today
Islamabad: Over 7.6 million children in Pakistani province of Sindh will be targeted by over 21,000 polio vaccination teams as part of a nationwide three-day immunisation campaign.
As many as 33.5 million children under the age of five years across the country will be immunised in the campaign.
Officials said all sorts of arrangements had been made to make the three-day anti- polio campaign a success, the Dawn reports.
Dr Mazhar Khamisani, the director of the expanded programme on immunisation, Sindh said precautionary safety measures had been planned to peacefully complete the drive in some troubled localities of Karachi.
A three-day campaign for Gadap was already conducted during April 11-13 for its 218,000 children, but teams will again go in these localities to ensure that no child was missed out, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!