Pakistan`s polio immunisation campaign to begin today
Islamabad: Over 7.6 million children in Pakistani province of Sindh will be targeted by over 21,000 polio vaccination teams as part of a nationwide three-day immunisation campaign.
As many as 33.5 million children under the age of five years across the country will be immunised in the campaign.
Officials said all sorts of arrangements had been made to make the three-day anti- polio campaign a success, the Dawn reports.
Dr Mazhar Khamisani, the director of the expanded programme on immunisation, Sindh said precautionary safety measures had been planned to peacefully complete the drive in some troubled localities of Karachi.
A three-day campaign for Gadap was already conducted during April 11-13 for its 218,000 children, but teams will again go in these localities to ensure that no child was missed out, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics