Pakistan`s Sharif wants formation of anti-terror force soon
Lahore: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday called for the early formation of his planned anti- terrorism force (ATF), describing it as the need of the hour.
Speaking during a briefing about the ATF here, Nawaz directed the authorities to keep him informed on a daily basis about the progress in the establishment of the force.
Chief Secretary and Inspector General (IG) Police, Punjab, briefed Nawaz on ATF`s formation while Inspector General of Police, Punjab also apprised him about the steps being taken following a minor girl` rape incident.
Nawaz has ordered the immediate arrest of all culprits in the case.
On August 30, Sharif had lifte the ban on recruitment in all law enforcement agencies and had ordered the formation of ATF.
He wants to ATF personnel to undergo the same training that an Army commando goes through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days