Pakistan`s Sharif wants formation of anti-terror force soon
Lahore: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday called for the early formation of his planned anti- terrorism force (ATF), describing it as the need of the hour.
Speaking during a briefing about the ATF here, Nawaz directed the authorities to keep him informed on a daily basis about the progress in the establishment of the force.
Chief Secretary and Inspector General (IG) Police, Punjab, briefed Nawaz on ATF`s formation while Inspector General of Police, Punjab also apprised him about the steps being taken following a minor girl` rape incident.
Nawaz has ordered the immediate arrest of all culprits in the case.
On August 30, Sharif had lifte the ban on recruitment in all law enforcement agencies and had ordered the formation of ATF.
He wants to ATF personnel to undergo the same training that an Army commando goes through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday