Pak`s 26/11 case: Trial adjourned due to judge`s absence
Islamabad: The trial of LeT`s Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and six other Pakistani suspects charged with involvement in the Mumbai attacks was on Saturday adjourned for a week as the judge had to attend an official conference.
Chaudhry Habib-ur-Rehman, the judge conducting the trial, had to participate in a conference of judges of anti-terrorism courts convened by the Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court, official sources told a news agency.
The trial was adjourned till December 8 without any proceedings today, the sources said.
The last hearing of the case was held on November 10, when five prosecution witnesses had been cross-examined regarding their testimony about the training of the Mumbai attackers at terrorist camps in Sindh and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa provinces and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
Two more prosecution witnesses were scheduled to testify today.
The judge was also expected to take up an application from the prosecution for day-to-day hearings of the case.
The seven Pakistani suspects have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks on Mumbai in November 2008 that killed 166 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali