Pak`s AQ Khan wants missile as his party`s symbol
Islamabad: Disgraced nuclear scientist A Q Khan`s Tehrik-e-Tahaffuz Pakistan party has asked the Election Commission to allot a missile as its election symbol.
The party sent the request to the Election Commission a week ago, Geo News channel quoted its sources as saying.
The poll panel is expected to decide on allotting symbols to various parties during its next meeting.
The Tehrik-e-Tahaffuz Pakistan is one of 19 new parties that were recently registered by the Election Commission ahead of next year`s general election.
It is not yet clear if Khan himself will contest the polls.
Khan, 76, was placed under house arrest in 2004 after he confessed on state-run television to running a clandestine nuclear proliferation ring that provided technology and know-how to countries like Libya and North Korea.
However, he is regarded as a hero in Pakistan for his role in the programme to develop nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened