Pak`s Foreign Minister to visit Germany next week
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will make an official visit to Germany next week for talks aimed at strengthening relations between the two countries, the Foreign Office said today.
Khar is making the visit during September 3-5 at the invitation of her German counterpart Guido Westerwelle.
She will hold talks with Westerwelle on bilateral relations and "ways and means to further strengthen them to the mutual benefit of the two countries", a statement from the Foreign Office said.
The two Foreign Ministers will sign a "Roadmap for Pakistan-Germany Strategic Dialogue", which will provide a framework for multi-sectoral cooperation.
They will also exchange views on regional and international issues of mutual concern.
Soon after her arrival in Berlin, Khar will deliver a keynote address at the German Council on Foreign Relations on the theme "Changing regional and global environment: Pakistan`s perspective".
She will also meet the Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere and have an interactive session with representatives of the business community, intelligentsia and NGOs.
Germany is Pakistan`s largest trading partner in Europe and a major source of investment.
A Pakistani community of over 70,000 and more than 2,200 students in German universities serve as an important link between the two countries and Khar`s visit will inject "further momentum into bilateral relations", the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance