Pak`s Internal Security Policy to be presented before cabinet
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Internal Security Policy, drafted by the PML-N government to effectively combat militancy and eradicating extremism, is ready and will be presented before the special cabinet committee meeting on Monday, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said today.
He said the timeframe for the policy will be one year and Rs 28 billion will be spent to further strengthen law-enforcement agencies.
Khan said the government will hold talks with the Taliban as mandated by the All Parties Conference and will also take the Parliament into confidence at some stage.
The minister said the government is taking practical steps to enhance security of people and build capacity of the law-enforcement agencies, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
He said the government has given a sense of direction and its policies are meant for betterment of people and in the larger interest of the nation.
Earlier speaking at passing out parade of police officers he hoped that the officers will carry forward their distinction while performing duties in service of the state.
He said they should be conscious of the serious challenges facing the country which is going through a critical phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack