Pak`s Kamra airbase attack mastermind arrested
Lahore: The mastermind of the Pakistan Air Force Kamra airbase attack, who is believed to have provided financial and logistical support for the attack, has been arrested.
The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the August 16 attack in which two Pakistani soldiers died, while nine terrorists were killed in the counter attack, reports The Dawn.
According to sources, a person named Tajammul was also arrested on Sunday who had reportedly given shelter to the attacker in his house. Shabaz, another close ally and relative of Tajammul, believed to be involved in planning the attack, was also arrested.
Security officials said four more associates of the attacker were arrested from Taxila, Qasur, Multan and Lahore. The number of arrested culprits has now reached nine.
Initial investigations revealed that the attackers were trained at Kunar province in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing