Pak`s MQM demands high-level judicial inquiry into PTI leader`s murder
Karachi: Pakistan`s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has demanded that a high level judicial inquiry be conducted into the events surrounding the murder of senior vice president in Sindh of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) in Karachi.
MQM deputy convener Farooq Sattar, while speaking at an emergency press conference, extended their party chief`s condolence and condemnation message to the family of Zahra Hussain and PTI workers.
Sattar also expressed concerns at how the incident occurred despite stringent security measures in the area for re-elections in the constituency in just a few hours, reports The Express Tribune.
Sattar also condemned PTI chief Imran Khan`s immediate allegations against Altaf Hussain, where Khan, shortly after the incident, said in a statement said that he held the MQM chief responsible for the death of the PTI leader.
Sattar added that this was a petty move on part of the PTI chief. He added that they would now file a civil and criminal defamation suit against Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!