Pak`s MQM demands high-level judicial inquiry into PTI leader`s murder
Karachi: Pakistan`s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has demanded that a high level judicial inquiry be conducted into the events surrounding the murder of senior vice president in Sindh of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) in Karachi.
MQM deputy convener Farooq Sattar, while speaking at an emergency press conference, extended their party chief`s condolence and condemnation message to the family of Zahra Hussain and PTI workers.
Sattar also expressed concerns at how the incident occurred despite stringent security measures in the area for re-elections in the constituency in just a few hours, reports The Express Tribune.
Sattar also condemned PTI chief Imran Khan`s immediate allegations against Altaf Hussain, where Khan, shortly after the incident, said in a statement said that he held the MQM chief responsible for the death of the PTI leader.
Sattar added that this was a petty move on part of the PTI chief. He added that they would now file a civil and criminal defamation suit against Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'