Pak`s MQM demands high-level judicial inquiry into PTI leader`s murder
Karachi: Pakistan`s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has demanded that a high level judicial inquiry be conducted into the events surrounding the murder of senior vice president in Sindh of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) in Karachi.
MQM deputy convener Farooq Sattar, while speaking at an emergency press conference, extended their party chief`s condolence and condemnation message to the family of Zahra Hussain and PTI workers.
Sattar also expressed concerns at how the incident occurred despite stringent security measures in the area for re-elections in the constituency in just a few hours, reports The Express Tribune.
Sattar also condemned PTI chief Imran Khan`s immediate allegations against Altaf Hussain, where Khan, shortly after the incident, said in a statement said that he held the MQM chief responsible for the death of the PTI leader.
Sattar added that this was a petty move on part of the PTI chief. He added that they would now file a civil and criminal defamation suit against Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August