Pak`s navy inaugurates Strategic Force headquarers
Islamabad: The Pakistan Navy on Saturday inaugurated the new headquarters of the Naval Strategic Force Command, described by the military as the custodian of the country`s nuclear second strike capability.
Naval chief Admiral Mohammad Asif Sandila formally inaugurated the headquarters.
The event was attended by Strategic Plans Division Chief Lt Gen (retired) Khalid Kidwai and senior naval and military officers.
Vice Admiral Tanveer Faiz, commander of the Naval Strategic Force Command, said the headquarters will "perform a pivotal role in the development and employment of the Naval Strategic Force".
The Force will strengthen Pakistan`s policy of credible minimum deterrence and ensure regional stability, he said.
Admiral Sandila said the inauguration marked the "formal establishment of the Naval Strategic Force Command".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy