Pak`s top leadership discusses security situation
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top civil and military leadership, including President Asif Ali Zardari and Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, held a late night meeting on Friday to discuss the regional security situation.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar too were present at the meeting held at the presidency.
"Issues relating to security in the region were discussed during the meeting," an official statement said without giving details.
Sources said the leadership had discussed the situation in war-torn Afghanistan and the issue of reopening NATO supply routes, which were closed after a cross-border air strike by US aircraft killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November last year.
Earlier in the day, Zardari and Gilani held a separate meeting and discussed the overall situation in Pakistan, including an energy shortage and law and order.
Gilani briefed the President about Pakistan`s participation in the UN Conference on Sustainable Development in Brazil.
The Premier told the President that Pakistan would be represented at the meet by Foreign Minister Khar and Climate Change Minister Rana Muhammad Farooq.
The Premier also briefed the President about the energy situation in the country. The law and order situation in various parts of the country was discussed during the meeting, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH