Palestine to set up embassy in Pakistan
Islamabad: Palestine is all set to get its own embassy building here with the Pakistan government giving USD one million grant for the construction of the complex.
Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani had presented a cheque to?Palestinian Ambassador Walid Abu Ali.
The funds had been promised by Pakistan when then President Asif Ali Zardari met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during his visit to Pakistan in February this year.
Speaking on the occasion, the foreign secretary said that Pakistan had always supported the Palestine cause and the grant was one of the many gestures presented by Pakistan to express their solidarity with the people of Palestine, a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
Last year, the UN General Assembly passed a motion that granted Palestine a non-member observer state, a step short of full member status.
Only 133 of the 193 member states of the UN recognise the State of Palestine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt