Palestine to set up embassy in Pakistan
Islamabad: Palestine is all set to get its own embassy building here with the Pakistan government giving USD one million grant for the construction of the complex.
Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani had presented a cheque to?Palestinian Ambassador Walid Abu Ali.
The funds had been promised by Pakistan when then President Asif Ali Zardari met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during his visit to Pakistan in February this year.
Speaking on the occasion, the foreign secretary said that Pakistan had always supported the Palestine cause and the grant was one of the many gestures presented by Pakistan to express their solidarity with the people of Palestine, a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
Last year, the UN General Assembly passed a motion that granted Palestine a non-member observer state, a step short of full member status.
Only 133 of the 193 member states of the UN recognise the State of Palestine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city