Palestine to set up embassy in Pakistan
Islamabad: Palestine is all set to get its own embassy building here with the Pakistan government giving USD one million grant for the construction of the complex.
Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani had presented a cheque to?Palestinian Ambassador Walid Abu Ali.
The funds had been promised by Pakistan when then President Asif Ali Zardari met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas during his visit to Pakistan in February this year.
Speaking on the occasion, the foreign secretary said that Pakistan had always supported the Palestine cause and the grant was one of the many gestures presented by Pakistan to express their solidarity with the people of Palestine, a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said.
Last year, the UN General Assembly passed a motion that granted Palestine a non-member observer state, a step short of full member status.
Only 133 of the 193 member states of the UN recognise the State of Palestine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?