Paramilitary trooper killed by blast in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: A paramilitary personnel was killed and another seriously injured by a blast in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday.
The explosion occurred when Frontier Corps personnel were conducting a search operation to apprehend militants who had attacked a check post in Sibi district, paramilitary spokesman Khan Wasey said.
Earlier, militants riding motorcycles fired at the check post in the same area this morning. There was no loss of life in that attack as security forces quickly retaliated.
The militants planted a landmine to cause maximum damage among the forces, Wasey said.
There has been no claim of responsibility for the attack. However, officials accuse Baloch insurgents for such incidents.
Lehri area of Sibi district is considered one of the most troubled regions of Balochistan. Militants have targeted trains, gas pipelines and security forces in the area for over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof