Paramilitary trooper killed by blast in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: A paramilitary personnel was killed and another seriously injured by a blast in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Monday.
The explosion occurred when Frontier Corps personnel were conducting a search operation to apprehend militants who had attacked a check post in Sibi district, paramilitary spokesman Khan Wasey said.
Earlier, militants riding motorcycles fired at the check post in the same area this morning. There was no loss of life in that attack as security forces quickly retaliated.
The militants planted a landmine to cause maximum damage among the forces, Wasey said.
There has been no claim of responsibility for the attack. However, officials accuse Baloch insurgents for such incidents.
Lehri area of Sibi district is considered one of the most troubled regions of Balochistan. Militants have targeted trains, gas pipelines and security forces in the area for over a decade.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know