Pay Rs 625 to get easy access to Nepal’s Pashupati temple
Kathmandu: Devotees, who want to jump the queue to pay obeisance to Lord Pashupatinath during the coming `Mahashivaratri`, can now pay Rs 625 to get easy access to the world`s biggest Shiva temple.
The Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) has conceived a plan under which devotees will be charged Rs 625 for special worshipping during festivals like Mahashivaratri, said PADT`s member secretary Shushil Nahata.
For those who pay Rs 625 entry fee, there is no need to queue for hours, said chief of the trust that manages the affairs of the temple which is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
As the security situation has improved this year around 500,000 devotees are expected to visit the holy shrine and 25 percent of them will be from India, he said.
According to him, special security has been arranged by mobilising 5,000 security personnel and equal number of volunteers at the temple for the festival, which falls on
As the temple was stormed twice by the Maoists in January and September last year over the dispute of appointing local priests, the trust has beefed up security this time.
The trust is also making available parking space for 100 buses coming from India and there will be arrangements of tents for accommodation, drinking water, warm water for bath and meals for the devotees, he said.
India`s External Affairs Minister SM Krishna, during his visit of to the Pashupati temple on Saturday, had asked the government to ensure security to the five Indian priests serving at the temple and also to the Indian devotees.
In return, Nepal has assured full security to the priests and the Indian devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister