Pay Rs 625 to get easy access to Nepal’s Pashupati temple
Kathmandu: Devotees, who want to jump the queue to pay obeisance to Lord Pashupatinath during the coming `Mahashivaratri`, can now pay Rs 625 to get easy access to the world`s biggest Shiva temple.
The Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT) has conceived a plan under which devotees will be charged Rs 625 for special worshipping during festivals like Mahashivaratri, said PADT`s member secretary Shushil Nahata.
For those who pay Rs 625 entry fee, there is no need to queue for hours, said chief of the trust that manages the affairs of the temple which is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
As the security situation has improved this year around 500,000 devotees are expected to visit the holy shrine and 25 percent of them will be from India, he said.
According to him, special security has been arranged by mobilising 5,000 security personnel and equal number of volunteers at the temple for the festival, which falls on
As the temple was stormed twice by the Maoists in January and September last year over the dispute of appointing local priests, the trust has beefed up security this time.
The trust is also making available parking space for 100 buses coming from India and there will be arrangements of tents for accommodation, drinking water, warm water for bath and meals for the devotees, he said.
India`s External Affairs Minister SM Krishna, during his visit of to the Pashupati temple on Saturday, had asked the government to ensure security to the five Indian priests serving at the temple and also to the Indian devotees.
In return, Nepal has assured full security to the priests and the Indian devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you