Perpetrators of 26/11 attacks not friends of Pak: Qureshi
Washington: Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah
Mahmood Qureshi today said that the perpetrators of 26/11
Mumbai attacks are not friends of Islamabad and such terror
organisations need to be checked, curtailed and shut.
"Those who carried out the Mumbai terrorist attack that
killed 166 innocent people are not friends of Pakistan,"
Qureshi, who is on a visit here, said at the Council of
Foreign Relations, a Washington-based think tank.
He was replying to questions on what Pakistan has been
doing to bring to book those responsible for the attacks.
"In the interest of stability and peace in the region..
it is in the interest of Pakistan`s enlightened self-interest
to normalise and live in peace with India. The Government of
Pakistan believes that these organisations have to be checked,
curtailed and shut," he said.
Such a statement from the Pakistan foreign minister has
come at a time when the Pakistani army has reportedly been
trying to push as many as 60 Taliban militants inside Jammu
In response to another question, Qureshi said the
civilian nuclear deal with India is discriminatory.
"And when you sign agreements that are discriminatory in
nature it does not help," Qureshi said in reference to the
Indo-US civilian nuclear deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog