‘Pervez Musharraf liable for death’
Lahore: The chief of the Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP), Talal Bugti, has said former Pakistan President General (retired) Pervez Musharraf is liable for death in accordance with the tenets of Islam and democracy.
It is alleged that the operation of killing Nawab Akbar Bugti in Balochistan in 2006 was carried out solely on the orders of Musharraf, reports The News.
Pressure is mounting on the federal government to bring Musharraf to book over military actions and for the killing of Bugti.
The demand for bring Musharraf to justice comes after the Pakistan Army clearly said that no military operation was conducted in Balochistan after General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani took over as Chief of Army Staff.
Highly placed individuals, including political leaders and retired civil as well as military officials, see the six-point charter of former Balochistan chief minister and Balochistan National Party (BNP) chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal as a pressure tactic by a handful of Baloch leaders to bring Musharraf to book.
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan Tehreek-I-Insaf (PTI) coming to the six points of Mengal will step up the pressure against Musharraf, the report said.
Earlier, an anti-terrorism court in Rawalpindi had issued a permanent non-bailable arrest warrant for Musharraf for failing to cooperate with investigators probing the 2007 assassination of Benazir Bhutto. The ATC had also ordered seizure of his property and freezing of his bank accounts while declaring him an absconder in the same case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister