Pervez Musharraf to appear before court on March 29
Karachi: The Sindh High Court (SHC) has allowed former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf to appear in court on March 29.
Earlier on March 21, the SHC had granted the protective bail to Musharraf in three high-profile cases without touching the merits of cases. The SHC granted protective bail for 10 days to Musharraf in the case of ` illegal confinement` of 62 judges after he declared a state of emergency in the country on November 03, 2007, reports the Daily Times.
Musharraf, through his counsel, submitted that he left the country on his own but at relevant time no case was registered against him. However, he added that after his departure from the country numerous cases have been planted due to malafide and obvious reasons that he could not come back to country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal